. Code of Ethics and Conduct
I am a professional recognised by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and, as such, I work under the code of ethics of that institution.
. Session Duration
The sessions last 50 minutes. They can be weekly our take place more frequently, if need be. It will be the complexity of your problem that will determine the duration of the therapy. These more practical aspects are generally defined right in the first session, although necessary adjustments may be made in future sessions.
I always ask the clients to be kind enough to tell me in advance when they will not be able to attend an appointed meeting.
In case they cannot attend, and do not notify me 24 hours before the meeting, I will have to charge them the fee for the reserved slot.
Outside the appointed sessions, I can only offer limited support in the event of a crisis. In case you need, I recommend the alternatives below:
1. Go to the nearest Accident & Emergency Department.
2. Contact your GP, who can refer you to the local Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
3. Contact the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 (available 24/7).
4. Contact on 0845 767 8000 (available daily from 1pm to 11pm).
5. Contact NHS Crisis Line on 0800 028 8000 – Confidential service.